National Senior Citizens Day is August 21st!
If you have a senior relative, friend or neighbor, please take a little time to let them know that they are special, appreciated and loved this Senior Citizens Day!
Here are a few unique but simple ideas to do just that.
* Write them a letter or make them a little card telling them how much they mean to you.
* Just dropping by to say hello can make them feel very special.
* Work on a jigsaw puzzle together. Large format puzzles make it easier to see and handle the pieces.
* Check around the house for things that might have become difficult for your senior citizen to do, like changing high light bulbs or smoke detector batteries for their safety.
* Create a collage of new pictures of friends, family, and particularly grand and great grandchildren. Add a nice frame and put it on a table where it can be viewed or attach it to the wall.
* If your elderly citizen has a pet, bring along a special pet treat or maybe a new pet throw blanket for its bed.
* Take your senior citizen for a nice outing – perhaps a museum, a movie or even a short visit to a local park might be enough to bring some enjoyment to their day. !!! If your senior is disabled, you can still take them for a nice outing!!!! Wheelchair accessible transportation to personal interest destinations can be easily arranged with a local medical transportation company. Gift Certificates for non-emergency transportation may also be available to purchase for a future destination such as a trip to a salon/barber, worship service or other personal interest destination.
* And if your senior citizen prefers to stay home, bring a nice lunch or dinner to share and bring a movie along.
* If all of these suggestions are not possible because of physical location, just a short “Hello” Phone Call can also be a wonderful way to make them feel special and not forgotten!
Have a little fun!!
****If you are a senior citizen, check for special discounts and promotions that may be offered at stores and restaurants in your area! Don’t forget that Care Wagon Medical Transport is available to assist with wheelchair accessible transportation your Senior Citizens Day Activities! Visit our Care Wagon Website for more information about our services.